Primary Care Physician Associate
Chippenham, Corsham and Box Primary Care Network have the following vacancy:
Physician Associate in General Practice
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Chippenham, Corsham and Box Primary Care Network for a newly qualified or experienced Physician Associate (PA). We are looking for a full time PA who will join our growing team working across our network of 5 GP surgeries
This is an innovative and developing post which will require flexible working across our PCN. You will be expected to undertake your own consultations and appointments may include face to face, telephone, video and online formats. Your day to day clinical supervision is provided by our experienced in-house GPs within each Practice.
Formed in 2019, Chippenham, Corsham and Box PCN is an enthusiastic, dynamic and friendly PCN made up of 5 GP surgeries, serving 54,000 patients. We are constantly striving to improve patient pathways and health care outcomes and we are developing innovative ways of working more closely together. As our PCN grows, we will be employing more professionals listed in the PCN Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme in the coming months and years.
Under supervision of GPs across the PCN and following approved protocols as appropriate, you will provide patient care and demonstrate safe assessment and clinical decision-making. You will work collaboratively with the healthcare team to meet the needs of the patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures and providing holistic patient care
Please see attached Full Job Description for further details.
• Demonstrable patient assessment skills
• Demonstrates an in depth knowledge of related medical conditions, treatments and pharmacology
• Ability to work autonomously within the scope of supervised practice
• Detailed knowledge of maintaining confidentiality and implementing data protection legislation requirements including information governance
• Experience of supporting doctors in clinical decision making
• Experience of general practice and/or secondary care
• Postgraduate Diploma/Masters level qualification as a Physician Associate from an accredited UK University
• Bachelor Degree in Life Science/Biomedical/Nursing or Allied Health Science
• Member of Faculty of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
• Valid national certification and recertification every six years stipulated by PAMVR
• Basic or advanced Life Support
• Equal Opportunity training in the last three years
• Any other relevant clinical qualifications
Disclosure and Barring Service Check:
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Closing date 30th October 2021
If you are interested in this position or wish to arrange an informal visit Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th October 2021
Temporary (3 months) and Permanent Salaried GP vacancies
We are looking for two Salaried GPs to join our stable and successful practice. A 4-session temporary position to cover sick leave for 12 weeks and a 6-session long term position (both are negotiable).
Our purpose-built practice is situated in this picturesque market town of Corsham on edge of the Cotswolds with easy access to the M4 and 9 miles from Bath. We pride ourselves on providing high quality, patient-centred care with a strong team-working ethos.
- GMS training Practice with 11,500 patients
- 5 GP Partners, 4 Salaried GPs and 1 Retainer GP
- Experienced nursing team
- Daily morning coffee meeting for all GPs
- Full admin support
- Owned premises
- Medical defence fees paid for salaried GPs
- Active participation in local Primary Care Network
- Close links with the Community Team
Please send applications (CV and covering letter) to:
Mrs Rhonda WARD, Practice Manager, The Porch Surgery, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 9DL
Telephone: 01249 717029. Email: email@example.com Website: porchsurgery.nhs.uk
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, contact Rhonda WARD, Practice Manager.
Closing date for applications 30th October 2021
Practice Nurse – Part time (hours and work pattern are negotiable)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Practice Nurse to join our experienced Primary Care Team.
Our clinical team consists of 5 GP Partners, 5 Salaried GPs, 2 GP Registrars and a highly trained nursing team led by our Nurse Manager. We are a friendly, hardworking, and innovative team that enjoy working together. We are a training practice and have a close working relationship with our Community Team.
The Nurse team includes Nurses with a range of specialist interests and experience, 2 health care assistants and 2 phlebotomists, all of whom are supported by our administration and leadership team.
You will need to demonstrate safe clinical decision making, expert patient care and an ability to work collaboratively with the General Practice and Community Teams to meet the needs of our patients.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Registered Nurse with experience in Primary Care including cervical cytology, wound care, anti-coagulation monitoring and immunisation. Experience in some or all the following areas would also be welcomed – management of chronic diseases such as hypertension, chronic heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, chronic kidney disease, and cerebrovascular disease.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We are not an Agenda for Change practice, but our salaries are competitive.