Registering as a Patient
We are pleased to accept new patients who live in Corsham and surrounding areas onto our practice list (see Practice area)
Does it matter where I live?
Yes, we can only accept patients who live within our practice area.
Who will I be registered with?
You will be registered with The Porch Surgery and will be allocated a ‘usual doctor’. We do not operate ‘personal’ lists and patients are at liberty to see any clinician they choose. However, we strongly encourage patients with chronic diseases or on-going illnesses to try and see the same clinician for continuity of care.
When you return the forms to the surgery YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE 2 FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION one of which confirms your present address – as follows:
- Medical Card with NHS Number
- Marriage Certificate/ Birth Certificate
- Current Driving License
- Current Passport
- Local Authority Rent Card (not private Landlord)
- Mortgage statement
- Paid Utility Bills (not mobile unless Contract)
- Bank statement or printout showing current address
- National Insurance Number Card
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ALSO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:
- Full name including previous names
- Date and place of birth
- Last address (we cannot register you without a previous address)
- New address and post code
- Last name and address of your previous doctor
- NHS number (if known) – this is different from your National Insurance number!
If, at the time of registering you, are taking regular medication, you will need to have an appointment with a doctor. If you are not taking regular medication and over 40, you will need to have a new patient check with the Practice Nurse.
The map shows the contracted Practice area (GREEN) . Anyone living within this area can register with the Practice . Patients who move from the practice area into the Outer boundary areas ( PURPLE) are also allowed to remain registered , however ‘new’ patients in these outer areas are not permitted to register.
We do not accept registrations from Patients living outside the Practice area.